This post is one part of a Swimsuit Sew-Along series! If you missed the previous posts and would like to join in, just click below!
A few of you have mentioned to me on facebook or in messages that you’re participating in the swimsuit sew-along, but I have to say you’re all a little on the quiet side. This is your chance to pipe up and let me know you’re out there! I would love for you to comment below or on my facebook page to let us know where you are:
- Is your machine ready? In the shop? When will it be back?
- Have you chosen a pattern? Links to your pattern are even better, though not required!
- Have you found a fabric? Locally or is it being shipped to you? Do you know when it will be in? Links are fun here too!
- Are you interested in getting together to cut/sew up your suit? Do weekdays work or are you only available weekends?
I’ll go first to get the ball rolling.
- For my machine, I was ready and had the ball point needles and everything when my machine went wacky. It’s not really broken but not all the way working either. So I plan to buy appropriate needles for my backup machine – a 1960’s Morse, all metal, boat anchor style. They don’t make ’em like that anymore!
- I will be making the Waikiki One Piece
- I have this fabric, I just need to grab some lining.
- I would love to get together so I look forward to hearing your responses!
If you’re following along from a far off land, outside of the wonderful Californian County of Kern, I plan to continue posts as follows. I would love to know if you’re out there (even if you’re local and would appreciate the continuing tutorials) :
- Basic pattern alterations you might encounter
- Cutting out your swimsuit
- Sewing basic seams
- Sewing Elastic (arms, legs & neckline)
So share away! I look forward to hearing from you! & let me know if I missed anything you’d like to learn about in the planned tutorials.