Now to the FUN part! Choosing your pattern. There are several different pattern companies creating many different styles of swimsuit patterns in a few different formats. First up, the traditional paper patterns you’re probably most familiar with. Here are a few links I found:
- Kwik Sew Patterns – Some of these are dance patterns that could be suitable for swimwear
- McCall’s Patterns
- Butterick Patterns – Butterick has a style with a skirt as some of you on my facebook page mentioned was preferable
- Jalie Patterns – Available either as a printed pattern or as a digital download
There are also a lot of pattern companies that offer instant digital downloads. In this case, you purchase the pattern and are sent a .pdf file (requires adobe reader). You print the file (according to their instructions – usually there is a 1″x1″ square or some other means to measure after printing to make sure your pattern printed in the correct scale) and tape the pages together where indicated. Voila! You have your pattern and instructions without leaving your home!
- GoToPatterns – girls sizes 3mos – size 8 years or even 12 years, depending on the pattern
- The Bombshell Swimsuit – If you’re looking for something like the Rey Swimwear style, this is a good choice
- Also found this: 10 Free Swimwear Patterns, though I can’t vouch for the quality
I’m sure there are more, but please take the weekend to look around and find one just your style. This is your chance to get exactly what you want! When we come back on Monday, I will talk about how to read your pattern so that we can make a list of supplies to gather. If you have ANY questions, please comment below. I’m here to help in any way I can! And if you find a great style, please share that too! Can’t wait to see what pattern you choose!