Oh yes, it’s here…2012 and a time for making goals and resolutions. And what’s the sewist’s number one pledge – DESTASH! No more buying, or as is more appropriate in my case, get to sewing/knitting! Life has been extraordinarily busy this last half of the year, beginning with the birth of Elise, our second baby.
As you know, I had restarted faithfully blogging until she was born and then, well, life became all about taking care of that new bundle of joy and readjusting to life as a family of 4. Especially now that my sewing space is 1/4 of what it used to be, I really would like to it be contained and tidy and I’d really like to get out from under some of these projects and be free to work on what I’m inspired by at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, going through my list of projects, there are a lot of really great ones that excite me. But lets get them finished and start to enjoy them instead of allowing them to collect dust in the corner of our room! I’m sure there are more, and definitely fabrics that have no intended project, but as far as a good starting list on my project collection, here goes:
UFO’s – Projects Started But Unfinished
- Red Pendrell Blouse
- Lady Grey Jacket
- Knitted Owl for a friend
- Triple Irish Chain Quilt
- Summer Wind Quilt
Projects Gathered But Not Started
- French Press Felted Slippers
- Boys Cargo-Jeans for my son
- Boys Charlie Brown Shirt
- Monkey Pillow/Quilt from Quilts, Baby! book
- Purple Stripe knit cropped cardi (Simplicity 2560)
- Skinny Anita Jeans
- Lounge Shorts (McCalls 5819)
- Madeline Mini-Bloomers
- First Sight Baby Gifts (Funny Story…Back when I first started blogging and reading all the fun sewing blogs, I won a Michael Miller’s First Sight Baby Kit giveaway with several patterns and the fabric and ribbon to sew them all up! These would make great baby shower gifts!)
- Knit Baby girl outfit (Butterick 5896)
- Maison de Noel Quilt (Fell in love with this years ago, bought the kit at a quilt show, NEED to make it up – so cute!)
- Retro Wedding Dress Quilt (Adorable 50’s wedding dress print as the main fabric)
- A Plus A-Line Skirt from a blue Italian wool I have in the stash.
- X-Block Quilt
- Friendship Star Quilt (Have all these gorgeous batiks for this!!!)
- Blue/White Running Tank (same as this pattern)
- Flared Heather Brown skirt
Slightly ridiculous and overwhelming, isn’t it? And like I said, I’m sure there are more tucked away I couldn’t see on a superficial survey of my stash, but there’s a project for every purpose & I definitely won’t get bored! I’ll transfer this list to my sidebar so we can keep track of what gets done.
I hope whatever you create in 2012 brings you lots of joy and satisfaction! May this year be blessed!!