Thanks to all my friends who came to sewing day this last Saturday! We had some old friends come and some new friends (one of which really impressed me – Hailey aged 12!). If you can believe it, we didn’t take a single picture! FOR SHAME! Though none of us really finished, everyone made really good progress on their projects.
- Malissa started her first-ever knit garment
- Hailey worked on a super cute elastic waist skirt
- Melissa got all the prep work done and some stitching on her first sewing project (the A-plus A-line skirt from burdastyle.com)
- Diane finished some snuggle baby blankets
- Emily used my serger to finally hem up her curtain sheers and also got some fusing done on a quilt she’s working on.
- Leta Mae came to work on a shirt she’s made several times
- I worked on my little guy’s costume (Woody from Toy Story) and ended up finishing his vest (Orlando from Burdastyle) and bandana:
Thanks to my good friend Mary for recommending I line the vest in black so that later he can dress up as Han Solo!! This afternoon I got started on Woody’s shirt (Kwik Sew 3146):
I think I will take this to work on during my lunch hour tomorrow. I’m really happy at what I’ve finished on it so far, but the sooner I get this done, the quicker I can get back to Lady Grey! haha What about you? Are you making costumes this year? Have you done so in the past? What was the best one you’ve made or worn handmade? Can’t wait to hear your answers!